[gnucash-de] Building GnuCash on SuSE 9.3

Herbert Thoma tma at iis.fhg.de
Mit Mai 4 16:57:51 EDT 2005

Hi!

I just upgraded my system from SuSE 9.0 to SuSE 9.3.

SuSE 9.3 brings allmost everything needed to build GnuCash
stable, head and gnome2 branch.

For stable Guppi is missing, and this is increasingly complicated
to build ... Once you get Guppi to build, GnuCash builds smoothly.

SuSE 9.3 uses UTF-8, so you have to do a "export LC_ALL=de_DE"
before running GnuCash in order to get corrrect german Umlauts.

For the gnome2 branch I had to upgrade libxml2, all other
dependencies are available.

I really like the progress the gnome2 branch has made recently.
Many thanks to all who are working on it!

 Herbert.