[gnucash-de] New language file de_CH.po

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
So Feb 3 16:10:44 EST 2008

Hi Raffael,

thank you very much for this contribution. In principle we are very open to
add the new language file de_CH.po to gnucash in order to replace the de.po
in a de_CH locale.

However, I know that de.po will be actively maintained for a long time to come
(by myself), but what are your plans with de_CH? I would like to hear about
your medium term plans about this language in order to avoid having a
de_CH.po which is much less up-to-date than de.po, in 6-12 months from now.

Also, looking through your changes I found some changes which probably should
be integrated into de.po as well, which is

 #: ../src/business/business-gnome/glade/payment.glade.h:6
 msgid "Post To"
-msgstr "Buchen nach"
+msgstr "Buchen nach (Soll)"

 #: ../src/business/business-gnome/glade/payment.glade.h:7
 msgid "Transfer Account"
-msgstr "Herkunftskonto"
+msgstr "Herkunftskonto (Haben)"

Iff those are actually helpful for the users of the payment dialog, I would
prefer to have those directly in de.po. Also, that discussion can probably be
continued in German language on gnucash-de.

Oh, now that I've run "msguniq" on your file, I can see that besides the above
change, you did only one other wording change (in several strings), which
is "Gewinn-/Verlustrechnung" into "Erfolgsrechnung". Are you really sure this
single word change justifies a separate de_CH.po, including all of its
maintainership questions? If you want to commit on maintaining de_CH for the
time to come, I'm all in.

Thanks a lot for your contribution!

Christian