gnucash ideas

Jason Rennie jrennie@ai.mit.edu
Tue, 01 Aug 2000 09:52:40 -0400

cbbrowne@hex.net said:
> The point being to have some place to "stick" things like report
> parameters  for future reference.
> I'm not sure what the right answer looks like.

I envision having a `reports' directory under .gnucash were there is
one set of parameters per file.

rgmerk@mira.net said:
> Your three-stage view is pretty much like what I'm planning, however,
> being able to export to multiple outpuf forms is not nearly as easy as
> it sounds - the sticking point is coming up with a way of describing
> report formatting in a sufficiently general framework as to provide
> useful output in formats as diverse as LaTeX and Gnumeric XML.

Cool :)  Do you have any pointers to where I should look to see what
has been done so far?

rgmerk@mira.net said:
>  We have had several threads about this in the past (check the ML
> archives for more details) I had a look at tools for doing so (DSSSL
> and Jade),  but we think we'll stick with HTML for now.

I haven't had any luck with accessing the archives via the gnucash.org
web site.  The "Mailing List-Archives" link goes to a non-functional
search form (I get "There was an error executing this query. Please try
later." when I try to search for anything).  Is there anywhere else I
could go to get access to the ML archives?

Jason D Rennie                      www.ai.mit.edu/~jrennie/
MIT:  (617) 253-5339                      jrennie@ai.mit.edu
MITRE: (781) 271-7249                      jrennie@mitre.org