More Ideas?

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:55:39 -0500

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 11:23:24AM -0400, John Strange wrote:
> I just ran into some free time and started using GNUcash, so far so good..
> I just wanted to toss around a few ideas that I've seen and think would be a
> good idea.

There's a projects.html file in the doc/ directory.  Have a look and
see if anything there looks interesting to you.

> Checkbook stuff:  Mark checks as processed?  This way we could get a report
> on what checks have no cleared the bank, it's always good to know that a 2
> month old check hasn't cleared and to find out what the hell is going on.

You can already do that.  The 'cleared' state of a check has 3
possible states: 'n' (not cleared or reconciled), 'c' (cleared, not
reconciled) and 'r' (reconciled).  You can toggle between 'n' and 'c'
in the register window, but you need to use the Reconcile dialog to
get a check into the 'r' state.

To find un-cleared checks, click the "Find" button, select the
checking account in the Account tab, then go to the "Cleared" tab and
select "Not cleared."  Then click OK and you should get a Search
Results register showing your uncleared checks.

> Bill Reminder:  Don't know about ya'll but I'm forgetful as hell when it
> comes to what bills I have to pay, maybe a bill reminder of some type..
> Maybe a gnucash daemon?  Kinda overkill but would be very nice..

This falls under the larger blanket of "Recurring transactions" and
Rob Browning has it on his to-do list.

Bill Gribble