1.4.2: first import from Quicken: "401(k)" unhandled type

Richard Wackerbarth rkw@dataplex.net
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:15:54 -0500

On Wed, 02 Aug 2000, Chris Shenton wrote:
> Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net> writes:
> > Does Quicken now have an account type "401(k)" that is a peer to "Credit
> > Card", "Bank", etc.? If so, how does it differ from a standard brokerage
> > account?
>
> Q2000 does; here are the types available:
Yuck!

What about "403(b)" accounts. They have only gone part way.
And, as I understand it, there is nothing fundamentally different between a
401(k) and a traditional IRA. Both defer the taxes on not only income, but
capital gains that are retained within the account.

> Banking&Cash:
>         Checking
> 	Savings
> 	Credit Card
> 	Money Market
> 	Cash
>
> Investments:
>         Brokerage
> 	IRA or Keogh
> 	401(k)
> 	Divident Reinvestment Plan
> 	Other Investment
>
> Houshold:
>         House (with or w/o Mortgage)
> 	Vehicle (with or w/o Loan)
> 	Asset
> 	Liability

Can you provide us with the corresponding QIF entries?