HEY! Come back here! (or: why is my transaction moving?)

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 09:33:11 -0500

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 11:11:52PM -0500, Jason Godfrey wrote:
> I enter the transaction in my checking account, and choose an appropiate
> expense account to link the transaction to. However, when I hit return the
> transaction disappears from my checking account and shows up only in the
> expense account. It also shows up as a rebate instead of an expense.

I'm putting on my clairvoyant hat here... imagine me waving my hands over
a crystal ball.. hmm.. I see the words "multi-line mode".  Does that
mean anything to you? :)

In the multi-line modes, the account listed on the first line of the
transaction is "this" account; you will need to change the account on
the line representing a particular split to indicate "that" account.
If you change "this" account with no other splits entered yet, the
transaction will disappear, since it only mentions one account and
it's not the one you're looking at.

Bill Gribble