Integration with other applications?

Clark Jones jones@inficad.com
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 21:09:30 -0700

Robert Graham Merkel wrote:

> John Strange writes:
>  > Hi,
>
>  > Just my two cents, what is everyone else's thoughts on integration between
>  > applications?
[...]
> However, the idea of more integration with other applications is a
> good idea - the rudiments of Gnumeric-format export are
> sitting around in the CVS archive, but nobody has been sufficiently
> enthused to do any more work.

I know that most may think me a heretic for this, but personally I
prefer a group of programs that each do their work very well to a single,
sorta-does-all, all-sorta-dancing program.  All singing, all dancing programs
tend to be vastly larger, far slower to load, have more bugs, and present
more security "holes" than the smaller ones.  As long as I can "cut and
paste" between applications, that's generally sufficient for most purposes.

Flames for my being a heretic should be addressed to /dev/null  :-)

						Clark
--
Disclaimer:  The opinions expressed herein are mine and not necessarily
those of anyone else.  (As if anyone else would want them!)

Internet: jones@inficad.com		RF: KI7TU
ICBM: 33 22' 01" N 111 43' 52" W	Home Page: www.inficad.com/~jones