Installation guidance

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:14:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Dave Peticolas wrote:

> Earlier versions (except for *really* earlier versions which will have
> other problems) will also need the gtkxmhtml library. That library is
> supposed to be a part of the gnome-libs package. What version of
> gnome-libs do you have installed?

Dave,

  After I went looking, I found gnome-libs-1.0.10.rpm on the Red Hat site.
When I tried installing it (and telling it to ignore the audio and other
dependencies I do not have on the system), I learned that gnome-libs-1.0.40
is apparently already installed. I'm running find now to see where it might
be hiding.

  If I can get that one missing library, I'd probably be in business.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)