multiple files

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

  We are really new to gnucash so if this is documented somewhere, please
pass me a pointer to the docs. My wife is taking over our personal money
bookkeeping in addition to being the corporate Administrative Officer, so
she's setting up gnucash with accounts.

  I notice that the directory has multiple files consisting of our datafile
name followed by a period and a 14-digit number followed by .xac. There's
also a LCK and LNK file and a couple of .log files.

  What do these .xac files do? What can be eliminated? Shouldn't the lock
file be removed when the program is closed?

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)