TXF Export addition to Tax Report

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Sat, 02 Dec 2000 13:26:24 -0800

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold writes:

> --------------C8A3A822C9B554B7783982F8
>
> I have modified the TXF Export addition to the Tax Report to work with
> the latest version of GnuCash.  I submitted this against v 1.4.8 several
> weeks ago.  Currently, the TXF Export information is in the "Account
> Notes" field, but, it should really have its own field.
>
> We also need a couple of new dialogs (and a modified one) to edit this
> field.
>
> The "TXF Export" field can either be an addition to the "Tax Related"
> boolean or instead of it.  I'm not sure which would be clearer to the
> user: to have both the TXF field and the "Tax Related" check box or to
> eliminate the "Tax Related" check box and to add a "Not Tax Related"
> choice to the TXF field.  (The "Tax Related" boolean is currently
> implemented in the Notes field, pending this decision)

Is TXF Export specific to the TXF format? Is there some other reason
why you might want a tax-related flag?

> Below is the behavior I envision for these dialogs.  Currently, this
> behavior can not be achieved strictly through scheme, some c code will
> be required.  (my current implementation is all scheme, and does not
> have many of these behaviors)
>
> I could use some help implementing the changes to the engine and
> dialogs.  I can handle the scheme.  I wasn't going to release my simple
> mods for the latest until all of this was implemented, but, since others
> will be doing some of it, perhaps I should.

I can help you out here. One thing: should 'export txf' really be a
report, since it's primary purpose is to export to another file? I was
thinking it might be better under the Tools menu. Also, the dialog for
setting the tax-status for lots of accounts at once might be better
there as well. The 'Settings' menu is more for GUI options, not
actual account data.

dave