Performance improvement for xml loads (+comments)

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 19:50:14 +1100

Dave Peticolas wrote:
> Personally, I think it would be a good idea. With a default
> XML interface, new users would not need to worry about being
> a DBA, but there would still be an option for storing in sql.
> Do you think it would be possible/good to use something like libdba
> (the gnome generic db interface library)?
> What does everyone else think?

FWIW, I think its a good idea if it can achieve any speed up. Like Bill,
I have a largish (and growing) data file, and if done right this may
alleviate some of the penalties we pay for this.

> ps If you decide to work on this, you should keep in mind
>    that there will be more data that needs to be stored in
>    addition to what is currently in devel CVS data files.
>    This will include budget data as well as price information.

And bucketloads of extra accounts and transactions with copious kvp
frames, if my inventory stuff ever eventuates.

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford (conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au)
Water Sprite Pty Ltd   | info@mail.watersprite.com.au