Is it safe?

David Bobroff bobroff@centrum.is
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 14:12:41 +0000

I've been following this list less than usual for some weeks now.  I was
away from my computer for nearly a month and then I got really busy with
other things.

There was a very serious warning some time back about total data loss of
gnucash accounts due to some new code in the CVS tree.  Is it "safe" to use
the current CVS yet or should I install 1.4.9 in the meanwhile?

Feature request:

I last used Quicken 3.0 which had a handy feature.  When scrolling through
the register using the "scroll box" on the right, a date would pop up
indicating the date of the transaction (at the top, I suppose) of the
window corresponding to the position of the "scroll box".  That way, if you
were trying to find a transaction whose date you knew you could scroll to
that date and the window would refresh with that date at the top of the
register.

David Bobroff