DB design document

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
14 Dec 2000 17:06:03 -0500

Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net> writes:

> I don't think you can't use OpenSSL - tbe license is not compatible with
> the GPL. Whether distribution is actually a violation of the GPL depends
> where you fall on the dynamic linking question.

OpenSSL is a shared library; we are completely free to link against
it.  Leave it up to the user to download the OpenSSL package
themselves.  As for the license, there are actually two licenses, and
we can use either one.  It is free for commercial and non-commercial
use.  And if we're not willing to acknowledge that we're using
OpenSSL, then we don't deserve the right to use it.