DB design document

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
15 Dec 2000 18:44:02 -0500

Yea, thanks.  I'm looking at NSS now.

One concern after about 30 seconds of reading is that "NSS utilizes
Netscape Portable Runtime (NSPR) libraries as a portability interface
and implementation that provides consistent cross-platform semantics
for network I/O and threading models."  This seems to imply that we
would need to depend on the NSPR as well if we wanted to use NSS.

My other concern is that I haven't seen any distributions actually
delivering NSS and NSPR.  In addition, I have no idea how NSPR would
interact with other packages that we would want to use.

I suppose that in some people's minds, the added complexity is worth
the license.  Blah.

-derek, who has been spending too much time fighting political battles
 this week at the IETF.