DB design document

David Merrill dmerrill@lupercalia.net
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:53:22 -0500

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 12:21:52AM -0800, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> "Phillip Shelton" writes:
> > (Taken from David M's schema.txt)
> > SPLIT
> > -----
> > account_guid                    char    32      ->account.account_guid
> > transaction_guid                char
> >       ->transaction.transaction_guid
> > split_guid                      char    32
> > action                                          ???
> > status                          char 1
> > 'U'ncleared/'C'leared/'R'econciled
> > split_amount                    rational        amount of the commodity
> >                                                 positive is a debit value
> >                                                 negative is a credit value
> >                                                 (or vice versa?)
> > damount                         rational        units of a security
> > date_reconciled.tv_sec                          ???
> > date_reconciled.tv_nsec                         ???
> > share_balance                   rational        "
> > share_cleared_balance           rational        "
> > share_reconciled_balance        rational        "
> > kvp_data                                        ???
> > notes                           text            any notes the user enters
> >

> > <question>
> > Aren't date_reconciled.tv_sec and date_reconciled.tv_nsec just the timestamp
> > of the reconiliation?
> > </question>
>
> In the past yes, but now they are set to the date you choose
> in the 'reconciliation info' window that pops up when you
> start a reconciliation. By default, it is the current date.

So when you go back to complete a reconciliation the date will already
be filled in, right?

I think I'm going to add a "reconcile" table which will hold a record
of when reconciliations are begun and finalized. That's more flexible
and extensible.

Linux Documentation Project                dmerrill@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

I who am the beauty of the green Earth,
And the white moon among the stars,
And the mysteries of the waters,
I call upon your soul
To arise and come unto me.
		-- from The Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente