client-server

linas@linas.org linas@linas.org
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:51:44 -0600 (CST)

It's been rumoured that David Merrill said:
> I'll also mention that psql spits out its tables in customizable html,
> and can be run via cgi scripts. You can write shell scripts or perl
> scripts to execute queries and retrieve the results in html tables.

This is of course a possiblity, but the simplest thing to do would be
to use libgnc_engine.so, as it stands today, ause it to create a
cgi-bin, and use its xml-file-io capabilites to push the data to
stdout.

> Which I like.

Thanks.

Of course, we still need to have libgnc_engine talk to an sql
database, and still need to slove the caching problems, and a bunch
of other issues.  But I think a cheapo demo could be done really
quick (a few days/weeks) by someone who knows apache & cgi-bin,
and cares to learn about libgnc_engine and its api.

--linas