Working more closely with GNOME

Dave Peticolas peticola@krondo.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:52:46 -0700

Maciej Stachowiak writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> My name is Maciej Stachowiak, I'm a GNOME Hacker (working mainly on
> Nautilus, the next-generation GNOME file manager) and a member of the
> GNOME Steering Committe. GnuCash seems to be one of the nicest
> general-interest GNOME apps out there, but it
>
> I'd like to see closer involvement of the GnuCash developers with the
> GNOME project as a whole. Here are some specific steps that I think
> could help move towards this goal:

Thanks for contacting us. I think this would be good, too.

> * Target getting GnuCash into a GNOME release or GNOME Office release
>   (once those are separate) eventually.

Can you explain what would be involved in that?

> * Have GnuCash contributors get involved in the GNOME Foundation,
>   which is now being formed as an umbrella organization for various
>   GNOME-affiliated projects. It will likely include some projects that
>   are not strictly GNOME-only, such as Gtk+ and possibly Sawfish.

Is there a website or other contact point for the GNOME Foundation?

> * Hang out on the relevant mailing lists, flame, make suggestions for
>   the libraries, etc.

I used to subscribe to some gnome lists, but the traffic was so high I
decided to stop. I do have a couple library suggestions. Should those
go to the general lists or the devel lists?

thanks,
dave