gnucash 1.5.0 problem

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:22:25 +1000 (EST)

Ralph F. De Witt writes:
 > Hi:
 > Recently installed mandrake version 1.5.0 of gnucash. everytime I try to use
 > help or online help the program instantly terminates, leaving the lock file.
 > Have tried this many times. I run gnucash from the kde desktop.

What version of the gnome libraries, particularly the gtkhtml library,
do you have installed?

Are there any error messages?  If so, can you send them to us?

BTW, if you're just interested in using rather than developing
GnuCash, you might want to consider sticking to the stable 1.4.x
series.  1.5.0 is a development release, and will have
incompatibilities and bugs, and future 1.5.x releases are likely to
become *more* rather than less buggy, for a time at least.

At the moment, files from 1.5.x should still work fine with 1.4.x.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net