Trial Balloon: A new DataStore Architecture?

Timothy Reaves treaves@silverfields.com
Wed, 01 Nov 2000 12:23:00 -0500

    Please have a look at GOODS.  We are currently using it for many
projects, and even employing the author to improve the product to meet
needs we have, while returning those changes to the open source
community.

    GOODS is a fully distributed, transactional, Object Oriented database
that can be used in an embedded mode.  CallBacks are supported. It is
available for C++, Java, and even perl.  XML overlays are supported as
well.   Backing up and restoring are there as well.  I think it would be
perfect for GNUCash!

    And it's free, of course!

http://www.ispras.ru/~knizhnik/goods.html

    Look at the authors home page as well.  He has written several
different databases, for several different languages, both OO & flat.