QIF importer in 1.4.7 fails to detect duplicate transactions

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
01 Nov 2000 16:29:58 -0500

Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:

> Derek Atkins writes:
> > > b.g.
> >
> > So, how can I help?
> >
> > Should we take this to private mail and stop deluging the list?
>
> I, for one, am enjoying the discussion :) I've never really looked at
> the qif importer in detail, so I'm finding the discussion very
> informative.  This is a devel list after all, so I think it's fine.

Ok.  I have no objections to keeping this on the list; I just figured
it might be getting into the finer points of a rather limited subset
of the project as a whole.  So, I figured I'd be nice to the list ;)
Personally, I like the fact that the devel list is relatively low
traffic, and I wouldn't like people to get frustrated because I
suddenly became vocal. ;)

I suppose I see the QIF importer (and a future OFX importer, but I'm
not as interested in doing that work right now) as more than just a
means to convert from using Quicken to using GnuCash.  I'd like to use
it to be able to continuously download information from my online
banking sources and merge them into my GnuCash account information.

I'm not sure whether I want to use QIF imports to just add new
transactions or perhaps to 'clear' existing transactions.  In the
shorter term, I think I only need the former, but the latter would
probably be an added bonus (perhaps related to the user-input for
matching existing transactions).