Suggested transaction tax system

Al B. Snell alaric@alaric-snell.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:38:49 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Jan Schrage wrote:

> You should also be able to specify whether you enter gross or net values
> into the account: If I buy something it will usually be the gross value,
> but somebody who provides a service usually makes his calculation based
> on net values, adding tax later.

Yes, that as well, but it will require more complexity in the tax
calculations. Some transaction taxes are hard to work out in reverse...

Unless we just say screw all taxes that aren't flat rates, specified by a
percentage. That'll mean we can't automatically handle stuff like stamp
duty on stock transfers, but arguably it's not worth the bother.

> -Jan

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell