Virtual Packages

Christopher Browne cbbrowne@localhost.brownes.org
Tue, 03 Oct 2000 07:55:37 -0500

On Mon, 02 Oct 2000 17:47:49 EDT, the world broke into rejoicing as
"James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org>  said:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 10:14:13PM -0500, Christopher Browne wrote:
> >
> > [Aside:  A _VERY COOL_ idea would be to set up a "virtual package"
> > for Debian that might be called "gnucash-devel" that would consist
> > of dependancies on all the libraries you need to have installed in
> > order to get GnuCash to compile.  That may not help for RPM users,
> > but if it helps some, it would be a Useful Thing...]
>
> Debian already has Build-Depends in the debian/control file.
> More info can be found in
> /usr/doc/packaging-manual/packaging.html/ch-relationships.html

[Grumble, Grumble...]

Looks like what I will need to do is to grab a sample of this, say
something like task-debian-devel, and rewrite to do GnuCash dependancies.
--
aa454@freenet.carleton.ca - <http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/linux.html>
Honuphrius is a concupiscent exservicemajor who makes dishonest