Get PostgreSQL installed as part of the distros

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
20 Oct 2000 17:59:03 -0400

Well, at least as recent as RedHat 6.2, there is a PostgreSQL package
set (version 6.5.3).  I installed it, and it does seem to initialize a
database directory if one doesn't exist.  It doesn't actually create
any databases, however it should, at least, have a 'postmaster'
process running.

I know nothing about using Postgres, but based on an empty database
directory, how hard is it to create a new database?  Especially if
Postgress is already installed/running?

-derek