Get PostgreSQL installed as part of the distros

Alex Buell alex.buell@tahallah.clara.co.uk
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 00:21:19 +0100 (BST)

On 20 Oct 2000, Derek Atkins wrote:

> I know nothing about using Postgres, but based on an empty database
> directory, how hard is it to create a new database?  Especially if
> Postgress is already installed/running?

Please, if anyone is going to use a DBMS with a given software package,
then, at least, please build a back-end on the software package and
provide interfaces such that one can simply use their favourite DBMS with
it (for example, I would vastly prefer to use MySQL instead as I already
use it for a lot of my work and would rather not duplicate things by
installing yet another DBMS!)

Cheers,
Alex
--