Can't write/see 2byte characters in transaction window?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:29:47 -0700

Robert Graham Merkel writes:
> Chung, Ha-Nyung writes:
>  >
>  >  I can neigher see nor write Korean in description and transfer
>  >  column in transaction window.
>  >  Anything else except transaction window's contents works well.
>  >  I can use Korean during Creating/Modifying account, etc.
>  >
>  >  Anybody else suffer from this problem?
>
> Thank you for your email.
>
> Unfortunately, the register does not yet support
> double-byte characters.  Dave Peticolas is, I believe,
> intending to add support for double-byte languages at some
> point before the next major release.

That's the idea, but so far I haven't even been able to get
the standard widgets or menus on my system to display Asian
fonts correctly.

If anyone out there has Asian fonts working with Gnome programs
on a RedHat system, please let me know, so I can pick you brain :)

dave