Multi-user gnucash: owner/group

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 19:23:09 -0700 (PDT)

  Now that I have gnucash running on both networked hosts, I have a question
about the overall design.

  When I created the directory and the initial file, I made the owner "root"
and the group "users". This way, both of us could access the file. However,
as my wife works on entering accounts and saves the file, it's saved under
that same owner.group, but there are a slew of *.xac files with her
username.group. What's the story of those files? Are they temporary files
that need to be manually cleaned out after each section?

  It appears, too, that the .LCK and .LNK files don't release when we're
done with the program. Are we doing something wrong here?

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)