new text format for HTML files

Christophe Guychard Christophe.Guychard@enst-bretagne.fr
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:03:30 +0200

Hi all,

First maybe I should introduce myself as I'm new to gnucash-devel
(but not to Gnucash)
I've been using Gnucash for 6 months now, and looking around here and in
the source since a few weeks.

> > in this case we should use LinuxDoc till  somebody has a
> support for Docbook.

Docbook2x (see freshmeat)is quite usable

> > In my opinion XML is still to early to be adopted right now.

> I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you suggesting we shouldn't use
> DocBook? DocBook is the standard documentation format for gnome
> programs and has recently been adopted as a wider documentation
> standard, so I don't see a problem with using it.

They mainly still in SGML format though. But more and more projects seem
to adopt XML as part of there doc system, data format or whatever.