Backup and log files

Ed Porras ep@telocity.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:19:23 -0400

In one message or another, Volker Stuerzl said something like this:
>is there any possibility to change the behaviour of creating backup and
>log files in GnuCash 1.4.1? It's very annoying to have dozens of those
>files laying around in my working directory. I would prefer a behaviour
>like in XEmacs for example: only _one_ backup file containing the
>previously saved version of the file.

a daily cron job to delete them would do this nicely (and
transparently) for you.. a weekly cron job could tar them up and place
them in a backup directory..

in the meantime, I'd say having backups of every transaction outweigh
the inconvenience of having a bunch of files in a directory you don't
necessarily have to access for any other reason..

but, hey, what do I know.. I'm just a gnucash user..

-e
--
 Ed Porras	ep@telocity.com
 http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~ep/