Dimensions?

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:41:12 -0500

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 11:33:53PM +1000, Phillip Shelton wrote:
> Ok. (Devils Advocate) So I have
>
> Clothing: Shoes: $150
> Clothing: Hats:   $75
> Clothing: Pants: $225
> Clothing: Socks:  $25
>
> Hobbies: Sports: Shoes: $200
> Hobbies: Sports: Socks:  $14
>
> Now, can I say that I have spent $350 on shoes?  And how can I get a report
> that will show me that?

You want the notion of 'classes' or 'keywords', which are being added
to gnucash right now.  The development version of gnucash will soon
allow you to add any number of keywords to a split or transaction, and
hopefully soon after that to generate reports about them.  The
infrastructure is already in place, but we haven't yet added user
interface capable of adding and querying the keywords.

Bill Gribble