Gnucash book ?

cbbrowne@hex.net cbbrowne@hex.net
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:59:23 GMT

Paul wrote...
> In a message dated: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:35:24 GMT
> cbbrowne@hex.net said:
>
> >[Plug] There _is_ a fair bit of material on this in the documentation in
CVS;
> >I'm about half-convinced that many people wind up asking for a book because
> >they've never actually looked at the documentation that's there.  I could be
> >wrong; feel free to point out major features or areas of accounting that
aren't
> >addressed at all in the docs...
>
> I agree there is a fair amount in the docs.  However, I personally
> hate online docs.  Would it be possible to turn these docs into
> a .ps or .pdf format?
>
> I might even be willing[1] to convert them to SGML[2] in order to easily
> create all the various formats we might need :)

By SGML, I presume you mean "Using the DocBook SGML DTD"?  (If not, then I
would have to question what it is that you _do_ mean...)

If so, then the answer is that they're _already there_.  The DocBook version
isn't installed, by default, because there aren't direct SGML readers.  But if
you grab sources from CVS, you'll find DocBook sources for the documentation,
ready for whatever transformations you want to try
out.