a couple interesting bugs

Kevin Finn kevinfinn@mediaone.net
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 00:16:49 -0600

     I ran into the following couple bugs with the latest cvs gnucash
this evening.  I can get more debugging output if necessary, but
hopefully the description will ring a bell with someone.

1.  When adding a new interest transaction for an asset account that I
use for a CD, I used the transaction completion feature by typing the
first few letters of the description to fill out the transaction, and
then just changing the actual transaction amount.  However, the
autocomplete filled in "15 + 7/25" rather than the dollar amount 15.28.
The fractional representation remains even if I change the amount to
"15.86", for example - it is replaced by "15 + 43/50", but when I tab
away or hit enter to complete the transaction, this is replaced by
"1.01".  This doesn't happen with all new transactions, but seems to
happen with when I autocomplete from a previous transaction which was
for interest or a dividend on an asset account.  I did see this once for
my phone bill when autocompleting, too.  If I go back and update the
transaction after this problem has occurred, I have no problems entering
"15.86" or whatever the value should be and going on.

I can reproduce this as necessary.  I have the "auto decimal" preference
enabled.

2.  Open an account window.  In the main gnucash account list
window, click on save.  While the save is going on, click the
window manager "close window" button on the account window.  This
triggers a segmentation fault.  This is easier to do with a rather large
file of transactions, mine is slightly over 1M in size.

With gnucash --debug enabled, I get this error:
Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkWidget'

The bug-buddy stack trace (doesn't seem too helpful):

0x40baa2f9 in wait4 () from /lib/libc.so.6
#0  0x40baa2f9 in wait4 () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x40c16f68 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0x40ae76e6 in waitpid () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#3  0x400f645a in gnome_segv_handle () from /usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.32
#4  0x40b1e9d8 in killpg () from /lib/libc.so.6
#5  0x404619a2 in g_list_foreach () from /usr/lib/libglib-1.2.so.0
#6  0x535610ec in ?? ()

     Let me know if I can provide some more info,

     Kevin

--

Kevin Finn
kevinfinn@mediaone.net