Minor bug in gnc-prices

Nigel Titley nigel@titley.com
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:25:22 +0000

Dave Peticolas wrote:

>  writes:
> > Dave Peticolas wrote:

> > > Did it work in an earlier version of gnucash?
> >
> > I've only tested 1.4.9 and 1.4.10. Neither works. I'm not yet familiar
> > enough with the architecture of gnucash to track down the bug although
> > I've had a bit of a hunt.
>
> Quotes are done using the Quote.pm perl module that comes with
> gnucash. It is an older version of the Finance::Quote package.
>
> Is there an error message reported by gnc-prices?

British Telecom: Lookup of YAHOO_EUROPE/BT.A.L failed: Stock lookup
failed.

OK, after writing a test program using Finance::Quote, and delving into
Finance::Quote itself I've got to the bottom of it... wasn't a problem
with gnucash at all, just a  difference in ticker symbol between
Yahoo_Europe (Finance::Quote actually uses the French Yahoo site, for
reasons known only to itself) which uses BT.L and everyone else who
seems to use BT.A.

Apologies for wasting time.

Nigel