Installation Woes...

Alan Orndorff dwarf@solarisresources.com
Sat, 06 Jan 2001 10:49:37 -0700

Robert Rapplean wrote:

> Problem #2:
> SLIB doesn't have an install for Guile.  In order to effectively build
> SLIB, you need to create a custom configuration file.  This is WAY
> beyond the capabilities of about 99% of Quicken users.  Yes, they
> include a template for creating this, but I got stopped dead when they
> asked me for the directory "where any auxilliary files to your Scheme
> implementation reside".  What, exactly, is a Scheme auxilliary file, and
> why do I need to know this to run GNUCash?  I'll probably be mentioning
> this to the SLIB and Guile folks, too.

Does everyone have this problem????   I spent a few weeks trying to figure
out how to compile slib, and then didn't.  I just untarred it and put the
files in
the directory gnucash was looking for it, and its been working. :-)

Looking at your message, I completely did it the wrong way, but it
works for me.