gnucash-devel digest, Vol 1 #726 - 8 msgs

Josh Sled jsled@asynchronous.org
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 13:50:42 -0700

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 01:55:41PM -0400, Michael T. Garrison Stuber wrote:

| > | At work, in completely unrelated software, we often focus on the
| > | number of mouse clicks required to perform common tasks as a measure
| > | of usability.
|
| I'll chime in here, on a similar vein.  At work, we require our GUI guys to
| make sure everything you can do with a mouse you can also do easily with a
| keyboard.  There are a couple of places where your forced to use a mouse
| whether you want to or not (either that or the keystrokes are so counter
| intuitive I have yet to figure them out -- I haven't examined the source
| code on those dialogs)

Yes... I was thinking last night about this while walking home from dinner.
I was thinking in the context of limited-input mobile devices [GnuCash
running unaltered on a perhaps-souped-up-iPaq]... there should be no
requirement for a mouse, anywhere in GnuCash.

I've already recorded a problem I've seen in the Scheduled Transaction
Editor, where one cannot click or tab out of the register... but there is
also simply un-finished work in setting up the tabbing order and keyboard
accels on all the scheduled-transaction-related GUI stuff I've done so far
[it's only finished to the extent that Glade automagically does it].

If you feel like helping out, jumping in and adding appropriate accelerators
to the scheduled transaction stuff would be very much appreciated!
[ Don't worry about the "Since-last-run" dialog at the moment, however,
  as I think it's going to get shot in the back of the head, maybe even
  in a couple of hours. ]

...jsled

PS: It'd be helpful to quote the Subject/Author of the post/thread in
the Digest version which you're replying to... ideally in the subject
line of the message, but at least in the body...