Build problems

Greg Novak novak@ucolick.org
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:32:08 -0700 (PDT)

> > I'm trying to build gnucash 1.4.12 and I'm on a Red Hat 6.1 machine.
>
> Gnucash 1.6 requires g-wrap 1.x.  You need to change to that.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm trying to build gnucash 1.4.12.  I'm having
enough trouble compiling the version of Gnucash that was contemporary to
Red Hat 6.1,

Actually, after hours of fighting I found the problem.  The README file
says that the guile 1.3-7 rpm from Red Hat works, but this isn't true.
I was getting undefined references to scm_*_smob_* functions.  So I
downloaded the guile 1.3.4 source and compiled it.  Henceforth everything
worked (although there was still a nasty problem trying to get the
Makefile to see my local copy of the guile libs rather than the system
installed copy).  I'm assuming that the guile 1.3-7 means Red Hat's 7th
distribution of guile 1.3, *not* guile 1.3.7 (which doesn't seem to exist,
anyway).

So, it'd be nice if this information was updated in the README file,
although I suppose you guys don't care about the 1.4.* branch anymore.

Thanks
Greg