BUG: .gnucash, permissions, crash

Tripp Lilley tlilley@perspex.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:26:19 +0000 (UTC)

I didn't see anything on the "Hacking GnuCash" page about an issue
tracker, so I assume I'm supposed to post issues / bugs here. If that's
incorrect, please let me know where to post them.

I'm working against a CVS drop from some time last night, and encountered
this bug. When a user's .gnucash directory exists, but is not writable by
the user, selecting "File->New" causes GnuCash to unceremoniously exit
with this error:

/usr/share/gnucash/scm/main-window.scm:127:45: In procedure mkdir in
expression (mkdir dotgnucash-dir 448):
/usr/share/gnucash/scm/main-window.scm:127:45: File exists

It also happens when I choose the "create new accounts" option on the
initial new user dialog.

I'd post a patch, but I'm not yet conversant enough with the source :)

--
   Tripp Lilley  *  http://stargate.eheart.sg505.net/~tlilley/
   "The human soul is the greatest anti-piracy measure in the known

   <http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=01/07/19/007240&cid=94>