1.5.97 first impression

lee lee@imyourhandiman.com
Mon, 04 Jun 2001 09:13:26 -0700

> > > Starting GnuCash also takes forever.  I noticed with strace that a whole
> > > lot of Scheme hoo-haw happens at startup time, then the display blocks
> > > for 30 seconds generating my report.
> >
> > Like I said, it can be slow, but not that slow.  I have a P3-733 and my
> > startup is much, much faster than that.

dunno but fwiw: it starts very slow on my puter as well ( if fixed in 1.5.98
forgive moi )..PII450/128ram..other than that haven't noticed report issue
albeit i don'thave alot of data there yet so........

> My usual advice regarding splash screens is to ditch them, but I leave
> that to your judgement :)

I think I"d like to see one there........like quickens use of one.......its
there for a few seconds "inside" ( i think right ? can't verify i'm in linux )
quickens main window .........

I'd be willing to create one if the desire is to leave it in

latre
lee
-===