TransBeginEdit() before a backend is available?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
15 Mar 2001 13:30:12 -0500

I've tracked down my unbalanced TransCommitEdit().  The problem is
that at SplitLedger.c:1204 if the transaction is new then doesn't have
enough information to find a Backend.  Therefore, this call to
TransBeginEdit() winds up ignoring the backend.  Then, when the
transaction is committed later, the backend doesn't know that it never
actually received an earlier 'beginedit()'.

There aren't any real errors here; just a warning that there is an
unbalanced transaction commit.  I don't know if we care to fix this or
not.  What it means is that there is no way to inform the backend that
there is a new transaction coming.  Perhaps this isn't a problem.  I
don't know.

Anyways, I think this is my last major bug that I know of.  The RPC
Backend seems to work fairly well for me, with a single user and a
file sitting behind the RPC Server.  There is probably an issue where
a user may lose their changes if they lose their connection to the
server.

Also, I don't have any support for the pricedb.

I'll send patches probably this weekend or early next week.