searching manual pages

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 08:40:44 -0600

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 05:33:48PM +1000, Ben Stanley wrote:
> I did a search for 'opening balance' in the manual pages, and it found 3
> pages.

You can only do single word searches, i.e. opening, or balance, but
not opening balance.

Highlighting the search result is a good idea, but I have no idea how
it could be implemented given the way the help browser works.  It
might be easy, might be hard.

> I realise that the searching system needs some more work work yet...

You got that right :) I just did it as a proof of concept, hoping that
somebody would finish it.  Are you interested?

b.g.