ignore my last quote (not)

Paul Fenwick pjf@cpan.org
Fri, 11 May 2001 16:49:56 +1000

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

G'day Linas et al,

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 03:09:19AM -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 10:56:38PM -0500, Linas Vepstas was heard to rema=
rk:
> >=20
> > Plz. ignore my last message about price quote crashes.
> > I updates finance-quote and that fixed things.
>=20
> Plz. un-ignore that.  Fetching prices from the net
> frequently crashed with broken pipe errors.   Seems like non-yahoo
> exhanges are more prone to problems ...

At the moment there are a few exchanges that are having problems.
In particular, ASX and vwd are being problematic.  These are mostly
fixed in the F::Q development branch, but 1.06 has not yet been
released.  I'm hoping to have this out soon.

Problems should cause F::Q to return an indication of non-success,
it should not cause F::Q itself to die.  If it does, that's a serious
bug, and I'd be most interested in hearing about it.

All the best,

	Paul

--=20
Paul Fenwick <pjf@cpan.org>         | "When I see an adult on a bicycle,
Senior Consultant                   |  I have a hope for the human race."
Obsidian Consulting Group           |      -- H.G. Wells

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L--