Bug: Missing security question

Klaus Ridder klaus.ridder@gmx.de
Sun, 27 May 2001 16:17:52 +0200

You probably wonder why I'm posting so much here at the moment. This is
because I do nothing else but gnucash for several days while entering my
whole finances of 1999 and 2000 from a broken quicken-file to gnucash.
so I encounter a lot of things ... :)

The following annoying behaviour took me 2 times a lot of time to search it,
so probably someone could fix it by adding an additional security question:

It happened to me 2 times that I accidently booked an expense from the bank
account to the bank account:

ExpenseXY        Bank        Bank        $100

instead of

ExpenseXY        Bank        Expenses.   $100

Now I reconcile ("abstimmen") the account. I reconcile "+100", but "-100"
stays on the other side of the reconcile dialogue.
At the end, I see a transaction that doesn't belong here ("-100"), so I say
"delete".
He asks me "Do you want to delete?" - I say yes.
And suddenly, the reconcile dialogue doesn't say "0" anymore, because the
second half of this transaction has also be deleted.

Solution: A secutity Alert, as it normally occurs when you want to delete a
reconciled transaction:
"ATTENTION! You are deleting a reconciled transaction. ... Problems may
occur ... blah ... Are you REALLY sure you want to do this?"

Could anyone implement this security question which has obviously been
forgotten here, because it occurs on every other place in gnucash?

Probaly this alert can make it in 1.6?

Regards,
Klaus Ridder