Check printing and localisation

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Wed, 30 May 2001 23:59:12 +1000

On Wed, 30 May 2001 23:06:31 Duarte Loreto wrote:

> Hope this helps someone. I can look at the scheme file and see how it
> could work in portuguese, although I promisse nothing as I never coded
> in scheme nor C.

Do you know perl?  Python?  Basic?  Pseudocode?

If you can code a little demonstration program in one of these languages
(or any other language you do know) to explain how to convert a numeric
amount into text like you'd write on a check, that would be extremely
helpful.  If that's too complicated, could you explain the grammar rules
for
constructing such a string?

Thanks for your input.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig