GnuCash Daily Source Diff

Scott Drennan scott.drennan@home.com
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 06:48:35 -0500

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 09:56:23PM -0600, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 01:26:06PM -0800, Dave Peticolas was heard to remark:
> >
> > However, upon reading a Postgres
> > book I found that in Postgres you don't actually need to use the FROM
> > clause at all, i.e., Postgres can figure out the tables it needs from
> > the rest of the query.
>
> ! I find that hard to beleive, but hey, if its true ...

I don't believe this feature is common to database servers other than
Postgres.  Are we concerned with portability to different database
backends?  If so it may be worth leaving the FROM clause generation in
the code in some form.  (Either that, or at least clearly documenting
that it is not generated due to this Postgres feature)