The gnucash binary now removed from CVS - (and config issues)

Rob Browning rlb@defaultvalue.org
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:30:53 -0600

Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> writes:

> This is another one of those somewhat ugly configuration questions:
> should the user have the flexibility at run-time to modify which tools
> they're using via the traditional PATH (and sometimes LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
> mechanisms, or should we force usage of the tools that were determined
> at configure-time?

Oh, and for the moment, gnucash-env just uses whichever guile's in
your PATH -- it doesn't do anything fancy.  It presumes that you have
your envt set up for whichever guile you want to be using at any given
time.

OTOH, the fact that -rpath is used so heavily these days for standard
binaries argues that perhaps this shouldn't be the normal
expectation...

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu