gnucash/src/register/ledger-core/split-register-layout.c

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 00:31:38 -0600

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 04:02:33PM -0800, Dave Peticolas was heard to remark:

> > This means I have three choices:
> > 	a) make the SplitLedger extensible (somehow)
>
> It should be a), I think.

Dave, if we do this, we will have two types of scheme code:
'guts' and 'config'.

We will want to discourage ordinary folks from tweaking the 'guts'
but we want to put the 'config' stuff in plain sight, and encourage
experimentation.

Right now, we don't distinguish between these.  Its just 'scm' all
around.

For example: The html 'style sheets'.  There are two right now:
'default' and 'technicolor'.  How does one create a third?
Where's it documented?  Notice that no one is mailing in new,
improved stylesheets?  I assume that this is because its simply
not documented, that the scheme config is just buried in there
with the other scheme code that does lord-knows-what.

So when we create a configurable register, we'll need to put
it somewhere where its seen, where its obvious.   Don't know
how, but that's what is needed ...

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>