Ofx and Budgeting support

Josh Sled jsled@asynchronous.org
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:15:55 -0700

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 09:59:17AM +1000, Phillip Shelton wrote:

| It is just that this use of the word is what gets the new users from Quicken
| confused as there are no longer any Quicken type categories and the docs say
| to use accounts.

Yes yes... you're right, and that could be easily confusing...  I'm all
about Correct Names for things, and that one in particular wouldn't work...

| Or are you thinking of being able to group more than one
| account under a category?

I think that the user may want to budget at a different level than
their income/expense account hierarchy...

For instance, I might have 5 sub-accounts for various specifications of
things, but want to budget them all as one item [I'm finding it hard to
come up with an example, but I'm at work :)]...

As well, it maybe the case that I have one expense account [for food,
for example], but want to budget it in more detail [$A/mo for dinners made
by me, $B/mo for dinners out on the town, $C/mo for workday-lunches, &c.].

...jsled