Gnucash Help Manual

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
30 Sep 2001 02:39:33 -0700

I wish to propose a major reorganisation of the Gnucash help manual.
This effort is both to attempt to update the pieces of the present
manual and to make it easier for the average user to find information on
using Gnucash quickly and easily. I am proposing the following structure
for the help;

	Preface/ TOC
	Intro
	Main Window
	Menus
	Accessing the Register and Entering Transactions
	Financial Reports
	Printing
	Importing and Exporting
	Stocks and Shares
	Preferences and Settings
	Currencies
	Tax Reports/Exports
	Small Business Features
	Feedback

I will be working on the details of what each of these items will
contain but I wished to get this out to solicit your feedback as to the
general structure of the help.
I am approaching this firstly from the point of view of someone trying
to quickly locate information on a particular Gnucash function (how do
I...) and secondly for completeness.

On a slightly different but related subject, what is the possibility of
making the Gnucash help able to be accessed by the general GNOME Help
system (Scrollkeeper, Nautilus, etc al)? This would enable us to take
advantage of the development of help in GNOME in general (such as on the
fly sgml->html) and things such as indexing and searching. For example
there is someone developing a web server to serve up documentation to
any system html browser using the GNOME Help system.

Chris