Book clsoing [was: Re: Addition of HBCI support, Maturity of 1.7-branch, next stable release time frame?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
17 Apr 2002 14:35:07 -0400

Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:

> On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 11:12, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Commission is never taken into account in stock positions.  That
>
> I'm not sure that's true. Isn't the commission you pay to the
> brokerage considered to be part of the cost basis?

Commission at purchase time may be considered.. I don't know offhand.
Commission at sale time is unclear, since you don't know what the
commission will be when you compute your position.  A position is
usually computed based on your current holdings.