Enhanced spec file for GnuCash 1.6.6

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
20 Apr 2002 21:26:32 -0700

On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 20:16, Glen Ditchfield wrote:

> Here's a new gnucash.spec with added "Buildrequires" directives that say what
> packages are needed to build from source.  If you build GnuCash from a source
> RPM with this spec, rpm will tell you right up front what packages you are
> missing.  You should be able to install gnucash-1.6.6-1.src.rpm, replace
> gnucash.spec, and use rpmbuild to build the package.
>
> The other thing that this .spec does is use rpm's (badly documented) "--with"
> option to decide whether to build the Postgres back end.  If you run the
> command
>     rpmbuild --with postgres -bb gnucash.spec

Thanks for that. I setup the previous spec file. I was aware that we
needed to at some stage add buildrequires to it but I haven't seen the
--with trick before. Is that a standard rpm switch (ie will it possibly
go away for whatever reason)? It does seem quite useful to us for adding
optional support for postgres.

> Finally, I have a .src.rpm and two .i386.rpm files build from this spec.  Can
> I contribute them?
> ----

Thats ok, we'll keep what's currently on the ftp site. I'll update the
spec file in cvs so your additions go in the next release.

Chris