scheduled transactions

Josh Sled jsled@asynchronous.org
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:10:19 -0700

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 12:15:24AM -0400, Aaron Peromsik wrote:

| My local phone bill is also exactly the same every month, but when I
| get around to actually paying it depends on a variety of
| factors. Still, entry should be as simple as "yes, do it" and then
| maybe editing the date in the register.

In this case, you could select "Auto Create" and "Notification requested",
which would allow you to review the created transaction -- and there
change the date.

| (My paycheck is almost exactly the same every two weeks, and I agree
| with Tim that it should auto-enter since I have direct deposit.)

Indeed.

The real problem right now is procrastination into the future.  If it's
procrastination in the past [it was scheduled for tuesday, you paid it
thursday and you're running GnuCash on Sunday], no problem.  But if
you're running GnuCash on Wednesday, there's currently no way to say
"don't create this one".

Lemme think about it.  It's easy in that case just don't create it, and
it'll get created on the next run... though the UI isn't there at all.
It's harder if it's a daily thing, and you want to skip days [which the
reminders disallow].  If anyone wants to play with the UI and see where
they think it fits in, feedback is appreciated.

...jsled

--
http://www.asynchronous.org - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`
jabber:jsled@jabber.asynchronous.org, ICQ:4983267, {AIM,YIM}:joshsled